The Leader in Pipe Fabrication Services
The Shaw Group is the leader in Pipe fabrication Services. Pipe fabrication is the process of welding piping components such as pipe, elbows, tees, flanges, etc., into engineered piping systems in exact accordance with our customers’ design requirements.
With facilities strategically placed around the world that use state-of-the-art technologies and processes, Shaw offers a total piping solution. Our 7 fabrication facilities can produce up to 20,000 pipe spools a month.
- State-of-the-art 1G TIG, 1G MIG and other automated welding processes
- Induction and cold bending
- Robotic cutting and welding
- Indoor blasting and painting
- Non-destructive examination and heat treatment
- Real-time, online spool tracking
- Color-coded bar code shipping tags
Smart Plant SpoolGen Drafting Software
Shaw is one of the most advanced users of Smart Plant SpoolGen drafting software in the world. The program is compatible with any 3D pipe model output and is fully customizable for your project needs.
- Uploads bills of material automatically
- Calculates factored diameter inches
- Creates erection isometrics
- Feeds downstream departments and tools with minimal interface
- Improves accuracy by maximizing usage or 3D model data and minimizing manual input
Shaw is an industry leader in robotic technology in both cutting and welding. This innovative technology ensures we maintain dimensional tolerance in strict accordance with code and customer specifications.
Metallurgical and Welding Laboratories
Shaw’s in house metallurgical testing laboratories afford our clients competitive advantage:
- Ensures product reliability
- Ability to perform all mechanical and coating testing
- Able to adjust processes to accommodate customer specifications