Electrical & Instrumentation Field Engineer
Directs, coordinates, initiates, plans, and schedules engineering functions for modular fabrication activities for the E&I disciple. Typically, the scope of activities is limited to one aspect of a complex and/or major construction project. May serve as the Project Engineer for multiple projects depending on scope and size.
As appropriate to the scope and size of a project, will typically have the following duties and responsibilities while reporting to the Project Engineer:
- Review project specifications, scope of work procedures and schedules.
- Prepare fabrication related procedures, method statements and work instructions.
- Review and coordinates all E&I Subcon and resolves all site issues and informs Management of areas of concerns and advises on schedule or cost impacts.
- Review drawings and other design deliverables to ensure adequate planning of all the activities, fabrication, installation.
- Review Level 3 fabrication schedule and liaise with the planning team.
- Ensure review of sequence of activities, timely delivery of work instructions, identify the constraints, propose resolutions and mitigation plans.
- Review Change in Scope, additional works & reworks, and initiate Revision Orders / Change Orders to isolate the man hours on time including revision orders. Revision ord.
- Review, report & monitor the weekly fabrication progress, manhours bookings, anomalies and productivity and assist nominated Lead Engineer in reporting the details / discrepancies.
- Ensure progress inputted is correct and meets the planned schedule requirements.
- Understand, establish, and follow up the priorities of material delivery to meet fabrication and completion schedule.
- Be aware with material status and pro-actively expedite the late delivery of materials.
- Responsible for the completion of the engineering functions/aspects of a project in accordance with plans and specifications
- Responsible for preparation of engineering, production and appropriate business reports as required by the project and the company.
- Responsible for dealing with vendors providing equipment and materials to a project and the verification of purchased equipment and materials to plans and specifications.
- Directs and supervises field engineers, inspectors, and surveyors. Will be responsible to interface with design engineering organization and Subcontractor.
- Facilitate communication between Subcontractor and Engineering on technical matters related to Electrical/Instrumentation Works
- Coordinate the System Turnover and Reporting (STAR) process; Perform required field engineering design.
- Walk down E&I system and develop red-lined drawings.
- Design support/resolution in coordination with Design Engineers / Client Engg group, as required.
- Assure engineering practices, codes, and standards are compliant with Federal, State and Local, as well as site-specific requirements.
- Ensure periodic inspection of E&I subcontractor field documents for regular maintenance of as-built records by subcontractors.
- Review and interpret project piping specifications and drawings; as it relates to E&I prepare Requests for Information (RFI) and Field Work Orders (FWO) and implement engineering dispositions Identify field changes, propose design engineering changes, and coordinating with and obtaining approval of Design Engineering regarding resolution of all engineering/design issues. Will report to Resident Engineer.
- Engineering Degree / Associate degree (Electrical /Instrumentation) with 5-10 years of Experience in Oil and Gas or Renewable Fuels Projects.
- Site Experience a must for this role.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to others.
- Progression to this level is typically restricted based on business requirements.
- Has developed depth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines.
- Applies expertise to the most complex problems; coordinates work outside own area of expertise.
- Anticipates customer needs to influence the development of innovative solutions.
- Anticipates internal/external business and regulatory issues; recommends process/product improvements.
- Manages resource requirements and business needs for projects.
- Anticipates problems; develops innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Develops and manages plans to achieve objectives; participates in the development of business strategy.
- Presents highly complex ideas and anticipates potential objections, influences others.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.