The Associate Estimator is an entry level estimator/trainee. This position will assist with preparing cost estimates for the preparation of proposals and project support for pipe fabrication. Under direct supervision, individuals at this level have a basic working knowledge of projects and some experience at engineering, procurement, fabrication and/or construction. Performs other duties as required.
- Attends pre-estimate meetings with project managers and business line management to plan bid strategy and ascertaining methods of performance based on the scope of work.
- Assist in preparing detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work, performing quantity take-offs, determining manpower, equipment requirements, material items and subcontractors.
- Support Senior Estimators with MTO consolidating, MTO Clean up and sending on to procurement
- Assist with conducting bid reviews with the Manager of Estimating, Project Manager, and/or business line management to finalize bid, markup, and strategies.
- Assist with coordinating with project management to review bid strategy and assists in project buy-out.
- Assist in obtaining firm quotes for material suppliers, equipment and subcontractors.
- Will have opportunity to work with Senior Staff
- Work is subject to review by others
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance and direction
- Develops knowledge and skills in basic practices and procedures within own area
- Applies basic technical skills and knowledge to complete assigned work
- Responds to standard requests from internal or external customers
- Solves routine problems by following defined procedures
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Ability to work in teams or as an individual.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Associate Degree in relevant field or relevant work experience.
- Typically has 0-2 years’ relevant experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications below, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.