Environment, Health and Safety Technician
Responsible for implementing and/or administering Safety, Health, Environmental protection, and substance abuse prevention programs affecting employee and public safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention as well as equipment and property protection. Ensures compliance with all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
- Maintain close relationship with designated project line supervision
- Assist in maintenance and implementation of the HSES Management System
- Seek guidance from HSE Advisor/Supervisor as appropriate for tasks and decisions
- Implement HSES Activity plan and ensure activities are completed as scheduled
- Conduct HSES inspections as directed
- Regularly inspect the work areas to identify unsafe acts or conditions
- Assist with incident investigations and compilation of reports
- Assist with medical evacuations and respond to emergencies as required
- Observe work groups and provide guidance and coaching to personnel to perform work safety
- Assist in delivery and observation of toolbox talks and JSA’s
- Observe condition of plant and equipment as well as report deficiencies
- Ability to work as a team member
- Have experience with all environmental agencies, permits, and inspections required at the facility
- Maintain key competencies associated with the HSES function
- Communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken
- Be conversant with local and international HSES laws, codes, regulations, and norms
- Indoctrinate all new hires for HSE, Quality, and HR
- Facilitate training for equipment operators
- May require additional responsibilities to support facility operations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications below, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.