Exhibits strong multi-tasking skill set to support simultaneous ongoing Engineering and company’s Fabrication projects.
Assists Lead with cost, schedule, quantity, and budget control. Aids team with any inquiries that arise during the fabrication process and confirm that the materials that will be incorporated are correct. Adheres to all approved designs and schematics and safety regulations between Lead and team.
Effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers. Maintains and promotes a focus on Shaw’s product whether engineering, fabrication, or construction. Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines given Lead’s direction.
- Review project specifications, scope of work and schedules.
- Prepare fabrication related procedures, method statements and work instructions.
- Review drawings and other design deliverables to ensure that Yard is supplied with the correct drawings and deliverables with clear interfaces, guidelines in dealing with Vendor, Subcontract, or other Disciplines.
- Preparation of Red line mark up, review and follow up of as-built fabrication drawings.
- Prepare Scope of Work and Task Sheet Listing.
- Set priorities of job activities based on the equipment receipt and with respect to the Equipment installation on the modules
- Review fabrication schedule which includes review of WBS, Weightages, interdependencies between tasks and liaise with the planning squad.
- Perform JEIT for Inspection of arrived equipment’s/materials/vendor packages for compliance to project drawings and functionality requirements
- Review 4 week look ahead plans (4WLA) – Ensure timely delivery of work instructions, Identify the constraints, propose resolutions and mitigation plans.
- Review, report & monitor the weekly fabrication progress, manhours bookings, anomalies and productivity and assist nominated Operations Engineer in reporting the details / discrepancies.
- Ensure progress inputted is correct and meets the planned schedule requirements.
- Understand, establish & follow-up the priorities of material delivery to meet fabrication and completion schedule.
- Be aware with latest material status and pro-actively expedite the late delivery of materials and report the concerns to nominated Operations Engineer wherever required.
- Raise Site Queries to utilize available material (substitutions) or deviations as required.
- Prepare and issue work pack as per fabrication priorities to meet planned schedule.
- Monitor work pack progress and resolve issues that constraint work pack completion.
- Liaise with Pipe Fabrication shop, Design Engineering, and other disciplines to resolve any fabrication and installation issues.
- Prepare and issue activity notification to the Client and all concerned personnel as applicable.
- Attend project meetings and report concerns.
- Monitor test pack progress and resolve issues that constraint test pack completion.
- Coordinate clearance of piping punch lists.
- Prepare carry over work and material loadout list.
- Provide Lesson Learned and assistance in Project Close Out.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Typically has 0-3 years of Mechanical / Piping experience.
- Familiar with codes and standards of ASME, API and ANSI.
- Current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process.
- Capable of appropriate use of computer applications and other specialized engineering tools like AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.