Responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated functional areas. Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all the following functional areas: transactional processing, coordination and administration of company programs, process and procedure interpretation, employee and union relations and benefits. Performs other duties as required.
- Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Interprets and administers human resources policies and procedures that cover two or more functional areas.
- Processes paperwork for functional area according to established procedures.
- Assists in transactional processes like transfers, increases, promotions, terminations, unemployment claims, administration of various processes due to policy or regulation requirements as necessary.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues such as employee complaints, supervisor/manager concerns regarding policy application, assists managers with disciplinary action documentation and performance improvement.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Answers some complex benefit questions, directing callers to benefits specialists when appropriate, following up with benefits specialists to assist in resolving client issues.
- Conducts onboarding of new employees, such as new employee orientation, explanation of benefits, explanation of company policies, practices, and procedures, verifying I-9 and E-Verify.
- Participates in business line or location specific management meetings. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Researches and resolves payroll inquiries and/or issues.
- Coordinates with Recruiters as needed on staffing related matters and follow up with managers.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting as needed by business lines.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Works under minimal supervision; typically reports to a manager or director. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations. Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions to non-standard requests. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business concerns to improve services in own discipline. Takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area. Promotes teamwork, coaches, and guides others to establish consensus. Must be detailed oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy, and work well under pressure. Must exercise the highest level of confidentiality and integrity. Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Typically has 5-12 years relevant experience.
Experience working in a Manufacturing or Fabrication environment with craft and professional employees. Experience supporting with multiple locations and a large employee base.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.