Shop NDE Technician
Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products.
- Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products
- Inspects and tests product throughout stages of production or project
- Assures that work and materials meet establishment and regulatory standards using conventional and electronic test equipment and machines
- Records results of individual observations and tests
- Observes assembly and quality assurance process to trace cause of production defects, and confers with production and quality assurance workers and supervisors, and engineering personnel to resolve problems
- Attends meetings to obtain and discuss report of production defects observed and recorded by quality audit personnel
- May work as member of quality assurance group (team) and be assigned different work stations as monitoring needs require
- Works on straightforward tasks using established procedures; work is subject to review by others
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance and direction
- Develops knowledge and skills in basic practices and procedures within own area
- Applies basic technical skills and knowledge to complete assigned work
- Responds to standard requests from internal or external customers
- Solves routine problems by following defined procedures
- Manages own time to meet deadlines set by others
- Works with others as part of a team
- Must be able to multitask and perform efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Must be able to work overtime when work load requires
- Basic math skills required
- Typically is vocationally qualified with limited work experience
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Weld Logging experience
- Knowledge of pipe fabrication drawings
- Including but not limited to distinguishing welds such as Girth, Branch, Etc.
- Logging NDE percentages requirements for X- Ray, MT, Etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, apply in-person at 30103 Sunland Dr., Walker, LA 70785 or email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.