Shop Pipefitter (Fabricator)
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits together fabricated parts of metal products in shop according to blueprint and layout specifications, preparatory to welding or riveting
- Plans sequence of operation, applying knowledge of geometry, effects of heat, and allowance for weld shrinkage, machining and thickness of metal
- Sets up face block, jigs and fixtures
- Locates and marks centerlines and reference points onto floor or face block and transposes them to work piece, using tape, chains, plumb bob, and squares
- Moves parts into position, manually or by hoist or crane
- Removes high spots and cuts bevels, using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torch. Straightens warped or bent parts
- Positions or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps or bolt parts in positions for welding or riveting
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment
- Performs other duties and activities as required
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawing instructions and documents, plan and perform work activities independently
- Ability to apply shop mathematics to solve problems
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
Standing C Walking O Sitting O
Pushing F Pulling F Climbing F
Balancing F Bending F Stooping O
Kneeling O CrouchingO Crawling O
Reaching C Handling C Fingering F
Feeling C Vision C Hearing C
Lifting (lbs) Carrying (lbs)
0-10 C 0-10 C
10-25 F 10-25 F
25-50 O 25-50 O
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For our Walker, Louisiana facility in-person applicants may go to address: 30103 Sunland Dr, Walker, LA 70785.
For our Lake Charles, Louisiana facility in-person applicants may go to address: 3191 W Lincoln Rd, Lake Charles, LA 70605.
You may also apply virtually by emailing your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.