Maintenance General Foreman
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in all phases of a shop maintenance, including maintenance, repair, and replacement of all shop machinery (compressed air systems, heat re-claimers, boilers, HVAC, water softeners, etc.). Perform other duties as required.
- Ensures safe, efficient operation of all shop machinery and keep document all work performed
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work, and oversees the work product
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations that affect the shop operations and comply with Federal regulations and company safety policies and practices to promote safety awareness in the shop
- Supervise workers in performing root cause analysis for any abnormal conditions/failures, taking required corrective and preventative actions to prevent recurrence of such conditions
- Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- Has accountability for managing financial resources
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Has in-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines
- Applies technical and/or managerial expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions
- Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly
- Resolves operational, customer, employee or technical problems that impact the effectiveness of own area
- Develops plans and coordinates resources to meet operational objectives within own area
- Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Manages the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment, and coaching.
- Typically has 2-10 years relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, email your resume to [email protected] Please include the job title in the subject line.