Material Control Specialist
Coordinate Material Requirements Planning (MRPs), manage on-hand Inventory, oversee inventory cycle counts and maintain accuracy of inventory balance sheets. Responsible for all material yard activities.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Direct workers engaged in product measurement, inspection, and testing activities to ensure quality control and reliability.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Complete production reports, purchase orders, and material, tool, and equipment lists.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Schedule deliveries based on production forecasts, material substitutions, storage and handling facilities, and maintenance requirements.
- Determine appropriate equipment and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
Planning & Scheduling or related field, two years of experience in each of the following:
- 1. Industrial fabrication/construction
- 2. Inventory control;
- 3. Material coordination;
- 4. Systems knowledge such as: Oracle JDE, ToolHound, Docusphere, eReq, iDocs, Aveksa
- 5. Requisitioning for new materials; and 6.Read and understand descriptions and specifications in the drawing details to input or review against material lists on the system for accuracy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, please email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.