Junior Project Engineer
Directs, coordinates, initiates, plans, and schedules engineering functions for field construction activities for the E&I discipline. Typically, the scope of activities is limited to one aspect of a complex and/or major construction project. May serve as the Project Engineer for multiple projects depending on scope and size. Performs RFID duties as required on the Project.
- Work activities include compiling data for project reports, collecting and compiling field data as required.
- Assisting in documenting technical data / meeting minutes for management review, providing other entry level duties as assigned, assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and work packages for Projects
- Other duties include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of project construction basis
- Prepares Construction Reports
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Review project specifications, scope of work procedures and schedules.
- Prepare fabrication related procedures, method statements and work instructions.
- Review and coordinates with Subcon and resolve all site issues and informs Management of areas of concerns and advises on schedule or cost impacts.
- Review Level 3 fabrication schedule and liaise with the planning team.
- Ensure review of sequence of activities, timely delivery of work instructions, identify the constraints, propose resolutions and mitigation plans.
- Review Change in Scope, additional works & reworks and initiate Revision Orders / Change Orders to isolate the man hours on time including revision orders. Revision ord.
- Review, report & monitor the weekly fabrication progress, manhours bookings, anomalies and productivity and assist nominated Lead Engineer in reporting the details / discrepancies.
- Ensure progress inputted is correct and meets the planned schedule requirements.
- Understand, establish, and follow up the priorities of material delivery to meet fabrication and completion schedule.
- Review, approve and coordinate issuance of PCN, RFI, NCR and FWO
- Facilitate communication between Subcontractor and Engineering on technical matters
- Coordinate the System Turnover and Reporting (STAR) process; Perform required field engineering design
- A college/university Engineering graduate or has 0-3 years of Site experience.
- Develops competence in own area by performing routine work.
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in a discipline or skill.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete own work.
- Understands relationships between work processes and the business.
- Is aware of costs related to own work.
- Organizes own work to meet deadlines set by others.
- Communicates information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Builds team effectiveness skills within own work team.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.