Business Development Manager
Responsible for identifying and obtaining new business for Shaw, the development of long-term customer relationships, maintenance of alliances and partnerships and promotion of Shaw’s products and services.
Key Result Areas
- Account Management – Organize, lead, and manage to maximize profitable long-term business for Shaw. Provide localization and guidance on Sales and Marketing Plan implementation, commercial policies, account strategies, and selling strategies.
- Sales Performance – Ensure that projects obtained meet Shaw guidelines by providing judgment and guidance in screening opportunities, contract negotiation, risk management, profit potential and analysis and communication of key customer values, needs and expectations.
- Ensure liaison with other departments as appropriate in relation to legal, financing, tax, or other issues.
- Customer Relations – Foster and develop positive customer relationships which result in increased business. Listen to customer needs and assist in the development of project solutions that satisfy ‘those requirements and provide opportunities for Shaw.
- Cost Control – Manage Admin costs and pre-contract costs within the established budgets.
- Prepare a local business plan that outlines the sales goals for an area and consistently meet or exceed those numbers.
- Assist with the development and local execution of the corporate Sales and Marketing Plan. Develop customer opportunities and relationships which support the Plan.
- Actively seek to increase the number and quality of contacts among customers and other market influencers.
- Identify and/or develop new product and market opportunities.
- Drive sale, pre-positioning and relationship building activities with customers in the region.
- Utilize industry and customer contacts to influence project requirements to satisfy both the customer and Shaw
- Identify and mitigate the risk involved with commercial terms and conditions, contract structure and pricing, interfacing with the Legal and Finance Departments, as appropriate.
- Identify partnering opportunities and apply those concepts to develop and maintain win/win customer relationships.
- Manage territory and accounts with emphasis on performing activities which position Shaw favorably for the best opportunities.
- Assure that all sales administrative work is kept up to date and complete, including CRM software
- Actively work to enhance profit and cash flow at every opportunity.
- Typically has 3+ years’ experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.