Technical Services Manager
The specification of this is position is to manage the entire engineering scope of a Shaw modular project. Provides direction and coordination within engineering and design leads on an assigned project. Is responsible for the execution of engineering deliverables including, but not limited to, schedule, budget, document controls and manpower staffing. Proactively manager change. Established project procedures to ensure deliverables meet client and established engineering project requirements. Identifies problems and coordinates with the engineering team to correct. Reviews work with clients, management, and project leads.
- Administrative and technical management of the project engineering department (PED)
- Responsible for the integrity of the work produced
- Identifies performance gaps and corrects including systems, equipment, and people resources
- Provides leadership and instruction / ensures work is being coordinated between the other departments, offices, and fabrication to meet project requirements
- Maintains and promotes a focus on Shaw’s end product, whether engineering, or fabrication
- Ensures effective communication among other engineering disciplines
- Ensures effective management of change
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity, and budget control
- Accredited engineering degree or sufficient industry experience
- Preferred P.E. certificate of registration
- Typically holds 15+ years’ experience in project engineering and/or engineering management roles
- Familiar with engineering procedure, standards, and codes
- Demonstrates a broad technical knowledge of detail design engineering processes
- Able to effectively communicate with lead engineers and non-engineers
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.