Electrical Engineer – Automation
The Shaw, Walker Electrical Engineer (EE) will utilize strengths in an industrial automation setting to provide a streamlined solution for our turn-key pipe fabrication facility. This individual will be responsible for the implementation, planning, and monitoring of this state-of-the-art equipment.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline.
- Works independently with minimal guidance. Usually determines own work priorities.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Resolves standard and non-standard problems.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion.
- Coordinates work activities with other team members.
- Has accountability for managing financial resources.
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Applies technical expertise to improve effectiveness.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions.
- Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area.
- Resolves operational, employee, or technical problems that impact the effectiveness of own area.
- Develops plans and coordinates resources to meet operational objectives within own area.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in engineering discipline(s): electrical, instrumentation, OR industrial
- Protocols within Industrial communication
- Degree of aptitude surrounding PLC and human-machine interface programming
- 3-5 years’ experience within Industrial manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, please email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.