Shaw is seeking a Foreman to oversee paint and blast. The role of the Foreman is to assist the Manager in providing leadership, direction, and supervision of craft workers; to provide coordination in order that crafts work in a safe and productive manner. They evaluate, monitor and report on work progression, whilst ensuring that all works are conducted in compliance and in line with standards. This person is to have a full working knowledge of their craft sector, to be aware of industry/legislative changes, safety protocols, relevant certifications (for personnel or equipment).
- Coordinates workflow and priorities
- Supervises workforce.
- Applies paint, varnishes, and stains to exterior surfaces of metal products.
- Primes surfaces as necessary.
- May choose paint according to application or job. Stirs paint, pours paint into spray container, and applies primer or finish coat of paint, using spray gun.
- Disassembles paint and sandblasting equipment and cleans equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as required.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. May require previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
|Lifting (lbs)||Carrying (lbs)|
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications please email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.