IT Systems Administrator
System Administrator is responsible for onsite support, provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, systems software, and related network infrastructure.
- Ensure that the The Shaw Group network and connected devices (PCs, Servers, Telephones, Scanners, etc.) are always operating at full capacity and efficiency.
- Identify and solve problems that arise within the network and with individual connected devices in an expeditious and timely manner.
- Install and maintain new connected and wireless devices that support material handling systems, ADP Payroll, ADT Security, and related systems.
- Perform regular maintenance on all IT end point devices (i.e., PCs, terminals, printers, wireless printers, RF, and wired devices) and all related network equipment (i.e., Switches, routers, Access Points, etc.).
- Work with IT leadership to specify and design supportive computer wired and wireless network solutions.
- Serve as the primary onsite point of contact for IT support, upgrades, outages, and troubleshooting.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform regular administrative responsibilities in support of the telecommunications platform.
- Maintain active inventory listing of all onsite PCs, WMS devices, etc., and perform regular audits of stated devices.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Maintain RSC and data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Provide other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security.
- Review application logs as needed and appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree, related coursework, or equivalent job experience (required)
- Demonstrated competency in RF networking, Wi-Fi troubleshooting, printer management, desktop application support, data center administration and Bluetooth connectivity (required)
- Demonstrated success as an IT systems administrator, troubleshooting and support role (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (preferred)
- 4-6 years of system administration related experience (preferred)
Skills and Abilities
- Self-directed with a bias towards action and execution.
- Strong assessment, troubleshooting, decision making and judgment skills.
- Complex technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical and business competency.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to support critical operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.