Shaw has an unrivaled commitment to safety and quality. Our dedication to health, safety, and the environment shapes our work and empowers our employees to perform at the highest level of safety and quality.
At Shaw, safety isn’t just a talking point – it’s something we live every day. In 2021, the company celebrated an entire year without a recordable incident or injury.
Every member of our team has the right, responsibility, and obligation to stop any activity that could put anyone at risk. Our clients benefit from both our safety record and commitment to excellence.
Shaw follows a behavior-based safety program which informs management and employees of the overall safety of the workplace through safety observations. By encouraging employees to SCAN for potential hazards and raise concerns when necessary, we believe an incident and injury free workplace is achievable.
Shaw has committed to the implementation of a HSE Management System (MS) that is focused on continual improvement which is aligned with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/45001, BS 8800, ILO-OSH Guidelines, and OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
At The Shaw Group, quality is more than just a program or a buzzword, it’s ingrained in all of our actions and processes. We believe that a robust quality system is paramount to our success and our client’s success.
Our company quality management system (QMS) procedures are weaved into all facets our of business including operations and support functions. That means that quality starts long before we have pipe in the shop; throughout the project development phase all work is subject to our defined processes as well as code compliance reviews, quality requirement reviews, and specification reviews.
As an example of our quality performance, our weld rejection rate is approximately half of the industry standard, and we’ve hosted more than 50 shop inspection and qualification visits by potential customers with a result of zero findings requiring any modifications to our equipment, facilities, or procedures.
We are ISO 9001 certified, which is an international standard dedicated to Quality Management Systems (QMS). It outlines a framework for improving quality and a vocabulary of understanding for any organization looking to provide products and services that consistently meet the requirements and expectations of customers and other relevant interested parties in the most efficient manner possible. The QMS is the aggregate of all the processes, resources, assets, and cultural values that support the goal of customer satisfaction and organizational efficiency.
Our shops hold the following quality certifications:
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors
- Bureau Veritas ISO 9001:2015
Our Quality Policy
The Shaw Group is committed to:
- Delivering our products and services in accordance with the client’s requirements & specifications
- The continual improvement of our products, processes & services.
- Close cooperation with our internal and external customers, suppliers, legal and code authority partners.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a highly qualified staff, creating alignment with our strategic direction.
- Strive for professional competence and personal responsibility from our employees to achieve our goals.
- Performance against our objectives, ensuring customer and shareholder value.