Research, negotiate and purchase through appropriate processes materials, products, and services. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use purchasing systems to purchase necessary items.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Comply with purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Has depth and breadth of experience in own discipline; integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and critical environment
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and nonstandard situations.
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies solutions.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends best practices in own discipline.
- Manages costs for specific projects.
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Manages own time to meet objectives, forecasts, and plans resource requirements.
- Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in supply chain management or Industry Equivalency.
- Proficient in EPC capacity.
- Typically has 5-15 years’ experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.