Cost Controls Specialist
Cost and schedule management for projects and programs. Includes preparation of schedule and cost reports for projects and/or programs. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Responsible for setting up internal and external cost reporting & forecasting systems
- Advise/support the Project team on corrective action
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining communication with the disciplines in the Project team (Engineering Disciplines, Procurement, Subcontracting), with the purpose of collecting as well as supplying information to be able to manage the individual disciplines with respect to cost
- Responsible for understanding the contract details and the implications for cost control deliverables and work methods
- Be familiar with material control, estimating and planning & scheduling, and project accounting techniques
- Be familiar with cost control tools and techniques
- Prepare effective cost / quantity analysis and recommendations
- Prepare a cost forecast at project completion based on an estimate-to complete for the remaining work and registered expenditures & commitments
- Regularly analyze project cost/quantity trending/progress data and forecast trends potential trend from this data
- Be able to analyze, discipline performance, manpower, based on physical, progress, rates and performance, resulting in cost forecasts per discipline
- Prepare internal and client cost reports (including close-out reports)
- Be able to work on multiple projects if required
- Determines and implements schedules and cost accounting procedures and methods
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of cost reports and costing audits
- Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Understand all scopes of work and price accordingly
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area
- Ability to work in teams or as an individual
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or relevant work experience.
- Expertise in MS Office Excel Systems
- Typically has 3-7 years relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, apply in-person at 30103 Sunland Dr., Walker, LA 70785 or email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.