The main purpose of this position is to oversee the company’s distribution, movement, and storage of its supplies. Ensuring the correct products are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality required and in the most cost-effective way. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Comply with purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery time, transport cost and efficiency.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeline targets.
- Comply with laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintain and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Keep record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service with budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times and transport costs.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies, and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
- Has depth and breadth of experience in own discipline; integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and critical environment
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and nonstandard situations
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies solutions
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends best practices in own discipline
- Typically has 2-10 years’ experience.
- Outstanding analytical problem solving and organization skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Proactively contributes to creating a good team atmosphere.
- Ability to optimize team performance and development.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer fulfilment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications, apply in-person at 30103 Sunland Dr., Walker, LA 70785 or email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.