Prepares cost estimating services for the preparation of bids and projects to support pipe bending. Ensures all costs are properly captured and documented.
- Conducts site walks with clients to evaluate bid/no bid decisions and determines the scope of potential jobs.
- Conducts pre-estimate meetings with project managers and business line management to plan bid strategy and ascertaining methods of performance based on the scope of work.
- Prepare detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work, performing quantity take-offs, determining manpower, equipment requirements, material items and subcontractors.
- Assist in obtaining firm quotes for material suppliers, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Obtains review and input information from contracts, legal, taxes, insurance, finance, and other support groups.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- May specialize according to service performed, type of product manufactured, or phase of work involved, such as tool and fixture costs, production costs, construction costs, or material costs.
- Candidates should be able to process final cost data from projects for use in the corporate database.
- Typically has 2-10 years relevant experience
- Expertise in MS Office Excel Systems.
- Must have cost estimating experience and be familiar with materials, specifications, and pipe fabrication methods.
- Previous fabrication experience and ability to read engineering drawings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you meet the qualifications please email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.